Monday, May 16, 2011

HW 55 - Culminating Project - Care of the Dead










The interview with my parents about what they wanted to happen with their remains after they had passed on was somewhat surprising.  I have known for a while now about what my dad wants to do when he passed away so that was not the surprise.  I was very surprised to hear that my mom did not have any plans on what she wanted to have happen when she died.  I had actually never asked her about this because it is such a sensitive topic for me because I can not imagine life without my mother (and my father).  When my mom said she wanted me and my brother to chose what happened to her when she died it actually made me wonder what i wanted to happen.  I would like to find away to make sure i have her as close as possible without it being to emotional for me to handle.

2 comments:

  1. Max,
    I liked the way you went about the assignment. Making videos of the interviews made it a lot easier and more enjoyable to view rather than paragraphs of description. I liked how your father said, “it’s kind of like going home” which makes me think about places that are significant to me. He also mentioned music which made we wonder why he cared so much about things happening that he desired because he will not be the person to experience them, like the music. I wonder how he feels about the afterlife and the mind/spirit vs body contrast. Aside from this I am disappointed that your paragraph was not as elaborate or carefully written as I expected. It seemed carelessly written and I think that while the assignment was a good idea, especially with the videos, it could have been much better if your paragraph was more personal and detailed. Another paragraph could have even been added. Overall a solid and enjoyable post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max
    First of all I enjoyed not only reading your post but watching it. Your decision of not only writing but also recording the experience defiantly was a plus. During the interview with your Mother I noticed that she said ; "anything that might be helpful to another person" This lead em to the conclusion that death might be dreadful and horrible for one person but might be benefiting another person in a different way. She also mentioned that basically she wants her death plans to benefit her children. The video interviews were great. What you can improve on in the future is the depth of your analytical paragraph. By doing this people will be more drawn in and it will help describe the experience better.

    ReplyDelete